Bigender, bi-gender or bi+gender describes a tendency to move between feminine and masculine gender-typed behavior depending on context. Some bi-gender individuals express a distinctly "female" persona and a distinctly "male" persona, feminine and masculine respectively; others have shades of grey between the two. One may also find that they are two genders at the same time. It is recognized by the American Psychological Association (APA) as a subset of the transgender group. A 1999 survey conducted by the San Francisco Department of Public Health observed that, among the transgender community, less than 3% of those who were assigned male at birth and less than 8% of those who were assigned female at birth identified as bigender.
- Bigender.net - Discussion forum for Bigender individuals.
- ExperienceProject.com - Stories of Bigender lives and experiences on experienceproject.com
- Gender Neutral Body Map
- Gender Neutral Pronouns
- Gender Odyssey Family An annual conference in Seattle, USA for families who are working to navigate the day-to-day realities of raising a gender non-conforming or transgender child. The conference includes special programming for trans teens and youth.
- Gender Spectrum - Support and information site for families of transgender and gender non-conforming children and teens.
- SAGA Youth and Family - Support and advocacy program for transgender and gender-variant children and youth, their families, and their communities.
- Stuff Queer People Need To Know - A blog featuring a list of transgender and genderqueer links and support resources.