The Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) was set up in 2006 by the tripartite partners (Ministry of Manpower, National Trades Union Congress, and Singapore National Employers Federation), to promote the adoption of fair, responsible and progressive employment practices.
TAFEP is one of three agencies under Tripartite Alliance Limited (TAL), along with the Tripartite Alliance for Dispute Management (TADM) and the Workplace Safety and Health Council (WSHC).
TAFEP helps employers build workplaces where employees are respected, valued and able to achieve their fullest potential, for the success of the organisation.
Employers can approach TAFEP for tools, resource materials and assistance to implement fair and progressive practices at their workplaces.
Employees or individuals who encounter workplace discrimination or harassment can seek assistance and advice from TAFEP.
Fair, responsible and progressive workplaces.
To promote the adoption of fair, responsible and progressive employment practices so as to enable employees to realise their full potential and help employers achieve organisational excellence.
When replying to enquiries or feedback, the organisation strives to meet the following standards.
Available from 8.30am to 5.30pm, except lunch hours (12pm to 1pm).
General email enquiries: Within 3 working days
Case-specific email enquiries: Within 7 working days
Overseeing TAFEP is a tripartite TAFEP Board (a committee that reports to the TAL board).
Board of Directors
- Douglas Foo, Vice President, SNEF
- Heng Chee How, Deputy Secretary General, NTUC
- Cham Hui Fong, Deputy Secretary General, NTUC
- Then Yee Thoong, Divisional Director, Labour Relations and Workplaces Division, MOM
- Sim Gim Guan, Executive Director, SNEF
- Faith Li, General Manager, TAFEP
- Abdullah Shafiie bin Mohamed Sidik, President, SATS Workers Union
- Edwin Ng, Council Member, SNEF Council
- Saktiandi Bin Supaat, Industry Expert
- Universal Periodic Review: Singapore LGBT issues
- Article 12 Constitutional suit for equal protection of LGBT people in the workplace
- The TAFEP website:.